Wednesday, September 19, 2007

" Madam is Joke Making"



I know, I know yesterday’s blog was a bit pathetic. I just wasn’t feeling like myself yesterday, and I don’t know why. I had no appetite, I basically forced myself to go to lunch and eat. I do feel better today, more like me. Big transition ahead. Today is Amy’s final full day in Mysore, so after my music lesson we’ll head into the market and get her last minute (bindi’s, bangles, and beads) shopping done. We will attempt to find the “secret” dosa place. I think that David gave me clear enough directions, but I’m sure it will be an adventure.

It is just about the half way mark for me. I have 9 practices left at the Shala, 5 Sanskrit lessons, and 5 music lessons. I can’t believe the amount of studying I am doing here. Maybe I was in a funk yesterday because I don’t think I did so hot on my Sanskrit test, it was no joke, timed and all. I’ll get the results tonight.

I think the closer it gets to Mike’s arrival the more I miss him.


Well we made it to the “secret” dosa place, but it came as no secret to me that it was closed. If will just have to wait until Mike arrives. Amy and I just spent many hours wandering around town, getting caught in more than one rain storm. It couldn’t have been a nicer afternoon.

I am off to Sanskrit!

4 comments:

Judy Manning said...

Good Morning Jill, I am so delighted that you are feeling better. Some days just need to be lived and acknowledged. You look wonderful - great smile. I spoke with Mike yesterday and he too is very much missing you and anxious to arrive in India. Stay healthy, safe and content. I love and miss you, Love mom

Anonymous said...

You do sound much better today and it sounds like you had a full day today. I'm sure your friend will be sad to leave you but, on the same hand, anxious to return home and return to her routine. I'm sure you are very anxious for Michael's arrival. It's hard to believe you are half way through your trip already. Oh well, we can't wait until you get home.

Love,

MJ

Jai-Santucci said...

Roaming around in a foreign land through rain showers sounds enchanting...

Anonymous said...

Jill,
It is so wonderful to hear that you're doing well. Your feelings about your sanskrit test only remind me of you saying "yoga is hard" and meaning it. Perhaps as a corollary you could add, "yoga is serious." I send love and beautiful fall weather from home.
love,
Marisa