Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Black Moon

On Quiet

Today is a new moon. No practice. I have also heard the new moon called the black moon, I like that. It sounds more like it is dark, covered, hidden. Amy and our housemate Natalie took the trip to the nearby Tibetan Settlements this morning. I have been pretty silent all day. I woke up and began to do some Sanskrit homework. I can’t say that I am getting IT, but I think I am getting something. Played the harmonium with much enjoyment and then I called my husband. I miss him so. After my music lesson I don’t know what I’ll do for the remainder of the day. I am now reading two books at once, writing daily, and thinking, rethinking all things yoga. My little cat friend came back to visit me while I was practicing my music lessons, I am starting to love her.

Back to the Mysore practice tomorrow, no doubt things will have shifted in my body, breath, and focus. So much about being here is about just attempting to pay attention to all of the subtle or not so subtle changes.

3 comments:

Judy Manning said...

Good Morning Jill, Sometimes it is very restorative to be very quiet. Sounds as though you are working with much effort and I am sure you will return with much peace and knowledge. The cat...did you ever doubt you would love this creature. I thank you for bringing Javaire into my life....I love and miss you. Stay safe, healthy and strong. LOVE mom

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jill, or, I guess I should say good evening to you since it is almost 6:00 p.m. in India as I write this. A nice, quiet day sounds good. I hope you enjoyed it. I hope your friend also enjoyed her day trip. The kitty was very cute, she must like you if she keeps coming around. Have a good night and I look forward to seeing another post tomorrow.

Love

MJ

Anonymous said...

jill,i read each post finding i get to know you little by little more than you reveal about yourself in person.so i look forward to reading about you each day.always remember jill that which does not kill you makes you stronger.you already knew that i know i just wanted to remind you.keep safe. love aunt lisa