Saturday, January 30, 2010

Week #4 | Climb On



The longer the stay the faster time moves. This week was like a blip. I can't believe it is Saturday evening again and I am gearing up for my last full week of practice.

I'll just get right down to the stats

(17) 3:30 am wake up calls
(9) 3:30am wake up calls left/maybe 10 if I ask Sharath to "drop-in" on the day that I depart
(1) entire volume of The Best American Short Stories 2009 edited by Alice Sebold read
(1) Pada completely in my memory palace and the 2nd Pada worming its way in
(1) new pose the highly dramatized Kapotasana
(40) Drop backs
(countless) times that I have been moved this trip physically, mentally, emotionally
(countless) moments of gratitude
(7) is what my I-Touch is telling me the temperature is in Providence, RI
(85) is what my alarm clock is telling me the temperature is in Mysore

I have been loving reading all the comments and feel so supported in this and all my journeys.

Adam sent me this quote after my last return from this far away place that feels like my second home...it has been on my mind today

'You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this; What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can on longer see, one can at least still know.'Rene Daumal

1 comment:

Tina said...

Missing you, Jill...read your post about falling down the stairs, and started humming Bruises by Chairlift ;)