Sunday, January 31, 2010

Conference

It is the beginning of my last full week. I almost can't believe that I just typed that sentence. Could I stay on for another month or two...absolutely. Do I need that experience...not exactly. I know that I will be back and maybe the next trip I will be able to squeeze out some more time and maybe not. While I am not quite ready to do the "what I have figured out this trip" post I must admit my biggest accomplishment...has been practice itself.

It has been 15 months since my last trip to Mysore and in all that time I have had a nearly solo practice effort. It has been all me making it to my mat and not the glow of the teacher or the energy provided by the group dynamic. I have seen the results of that work here in Mysore. Practice works. Sharath said in conference tonight "the more you practice the more you mature and you begin to understand (yoga)."

Practice

Maturity

Understanding

No comments: