Sunday, November 05, 2006

What a difference a week makes








Mike and I just arrived back in Gokulam, and we traveled the same Bangalore/Mysore highway and felt oddly at home. India is having its way with us. We visited some ancient Jain temples, participated in a puja, and had chai with a Swami in Pushpagiri (flower mountain). I am overwhelmed with it all, and it already feels like we do not have enough time here. Today we visited Sravanabelagola where there is the statue of Gomateshvara. It is said to be the world’s tallest monolithic statue. We climbed 614 rock cut steps leaving our shoes at the bottom. It was stunning. At the top there was a puja and Mike and I were adorned with our first bindu’s. The pictures are from the whole weekend. Just a note about the photos I took them all, many thanks to Janette for the use of the camera. For me, at least at this point, India is about love. Love for my husband, the practice, and the people.

No comments: