Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rain, Rain Went Away







It is a rare two blog day. The rain stopped shortly after breakfast. The sun came out, and I think it turned out to be the hottest afternoon yet. Mike and I went into Mysore for some of his camera needs, and tried to find a lunch place in the Lonely Planet, but it apparently doesn’t exist anymore. We hopped into a rickshaw and headed to our favorite lunch place, the Green Leaf CafĂ©. I had my first India Thali which is basically a plate full of tastes. On our walk home we stumbled on an Indian funeral procession. I didn’t know what was happening, but some of the women asked me to take pictures, and they stopped the whole procession so that Mike could take some. I like taking pictures from the rickshaw. The little girl was excited for me to take hers, the traffic cop not so much. Mike thinks the picture of the couple on the scooter is pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once again, the pictures are great. I particularly like the little girl, she's really cute. Have fun on your little adventure today. The sky looks so blue there and I can't believe it's hot. Although, it is going to be 70 degrees here today so that's not too bad. I am anxious to see the new pictures and hear the stories on Monday after your little trip.

Love always, Aunt MJ