Sunday, January 25, 2009

Intensity

I love yoga, and I love to practice, but sometimes it does feel like this thing that I HAVE to do. As I was getting ready for bed last night, I left it up in the air if I would set my alarm, and get up to practice. I took the pressure off the whole situation, and softened around the whole thing. I did get up, and I did make it to practice. I actually remembered how much fun practice can be, and that some days I just take myself way to seriously.

Tomorrow is the new moon, and so I can sleep in and maybe I'll get to a vinyasa class, maybe I'll rest.

While I was intensely practicing in India, my husband was working on his own intense project. His photo's from his trip can be found in the latest issue of Mother Jones magazine, and they are featured online. Check it out!

http://www.motherjones.com/photos/photos-the-other-1600-pennsylv/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for ceasing to take yourself too seriously, even for just one morning! Not all is heavy, inject some light(hearted)ness into your yoga practice and it will further illuminate!