Wednesday, March 23, 2011

naiva klishta na cha kathina



While I will not be returning to a regular teaching schedule when I return there are some offerings that I am pretty excited about. Nearly all of the events are posted at http://www.ashtangayogaprovidence.com, and some new workshops coming so stay tuned.

I am returning to United States fully nourished and ready to move forward in a way that only pulling back can provide. My new mission is awareness...please spread the word if there is a special event that will you too springing from your own source. I'll be starting the long journey home one week from now!

I am particularly excited about this:

saṃskṛtam, sūtra, and sound study group
Tuesdays May 3, 10, 17, 24, 6 - 7:30pm
$72 for the program

Jill's Shala (home), Providence, RI

To register email me directly yoga@jillmanning.com

Please join me for four Tuesday evenings in May. Students will be taken deeper into the practice of Sanskrit by chanting the alphabet while experiencing the proper mouth positions and breath patterns. We will practice writing skills, how vowel symbols are recognized and utilized, how two consonants join, and āsana names, select mantras, and yoga sūtra's in Devanāgarī script and how to read the transliteration. Come and develop a chanting practice as a entry point of awareness that enhances an existing āsana practice. Each student will receive a sacred sound packet and there will be weekly assignments given. Space is limited to 6 students. Your space is held once registration has been received.

Once your registration has been confirmed I will send all the details.

No comments: