Friday, March 11, 2011

10/12 (Bucket Bath Back Home)






I have been blogging about my Mysore life, long practices, Authorization, back bending, Sanskrit, missing home, and doubt for 10 weeks straight...I want to know how practice is meeting you where you are! Leave a comment here or send me an email at yoga@jillmanning.com

On the 10th week I will leave you some scenes from the day and Jayashree's rules for practice. When I leave here I will have spent over 30 hours studying with her (for this trip alone!) I can't begin to calculate how many hours I have spent with Sharath and Lakshimsh. At lunch today David, a professor of Philosophy in Seattle said, "I bet your students can't wait until you come home...it will just be pouring out of you!" That is so true one of the first things I bought in Mysore was a green bucket so when you come to see me make sure you bring a bucket....or a least a glass or two.

Be sincere and regular
Commit to learning
Enthusiasm to share
Adhere to local cultural (under this category is to dress appropriately, arrive on time, do not point your feet at the teacher or touch your books with your feet.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After moving to the other side of the world, I have just had the first visit from family - my dad. Introducing him to my practice, showing him, watching him plant seeds in his mind for love and joy and his practice. I practice, amongst other reasons, for him. His visit reminded me of the power of practicing for someone. :) fabulous :)