Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Diapers



How one dinner turned into this.

When I re-met my husband in 2003 we both were in transition. I can see that clearly now. Our winter romance was very fast and furious and I was of course very worried. I was worried about our future, how any of this was going to turn out, I was worried about all of it. While taking the R5 into Philadelphia from my parents home which was the staging ground for many of my transitions I read my horoscope. It was told in story form, a couple decided to backpack through Europe with their 2 year old. The point of this story was not to worry about the diapers...the diapers would most certainly get changed along the road. I clipped this from the Philadelphia Weekly and for years it hung prominently in our house and now it is pressed in one of our many photo albums that also features the many snapshots of our life together that was born from one dinner....8 years ago.

I am reminded of the diapers today. I can hear Mike saying, "Jill, don't worry about the diapers." I feel like I have been transitioning for nearly two years now. I am continuing to transition here in Mysore. I am entering into my third and final month. I can feel so much in my practice, relationship to being a student, what it means to have a teacher, to be a teacher has all deepened become more textured.

Change happens. I never would have made this life I am living if I had worried about the diapers all the time. In my last month here I hope to worry less and enjoy more and really plunge into this experience.


"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now."

-Goethe

No comments: