Monday, January 24, 2011

"There is always doubt..."


Without going to much into the details having a once weekly conference with Sharath is worth all that is takes to get your butt to Mysore....the plane ticket, the time away from family..EVERYTHING. During conference last night Sharath was asked to speak about doubt. I found myself welling up when he spoke of the many doubts that have been faced by all practitioners. He spoke about delusions and distractions. He spoke about what happens when you loose your ground and then the mind scatters suddenly. He spoke about how one should love practice above all and how in Guruji's last years how he when do puja everyday in the face of some serious obstacles. I felt the shala still and silent...and this morning there was a new energy around. Everyone I asked how their practice was they all said amazing. For me one of the marks of a good teacher is when he/she sees the student dancing around the point they gentle push them back on to the point. I felt myself pushed back on point and had the best practice I have had in a really long time. It was focused, fluid, moved while holding inner stillness and yes! I felt the love...my for my amazing body...love for my amazing support system at home that allows me to experience this....love for the tradition of Ashtanga Yoga and for Guruji....it was a big love fest, and not surprisingly I was given a new pose the first since I have been here. I am nearing the end of my first month here and excited about the unfolding of the remainder of the journey.

No comments: