Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Juice


Here is the routine so far:

Wake

Practice

Eat

Bucket Bath

Read/Write/Study

Clean Room

Eat

Return Email

Chanting at Jayashree’s

Chat and Chai

Bed

The schedule will vary slightly next week Sanskrit starts at the Shala. Chanting last night was intense Sutra after Sutra, one Pada after the next. The energy in the room combined with the vibration from chanting is so powerful. Jayashree is a master teacher. When ever I sit with an exceptional teacher I wait for the gem. I think I started focus on this when I would go to Joan White’s class at home in Philadelphia. No matter how frustrating her class could be. There was always a point, a nugget, a gem that I would catch and ruminate on it for days. I know that there is always at least one. When you sit with Manorama she has at least 108.

Jayashree related the idea of practice like learning to swim. She said with the cutest hand gesture and head bob that when learning to swim we all swallow a little water. I think that I swallowed a little less water in Pasasana this morning. As I began to move into the pose I could feel Sharath’s eyes on me and when I turned to do the right said there he was watching me. I bound on the left and the right and he made his way over to me and just said “better.” I’ll take that. My husband asked for a picture of this mythic asana so that he could “see” the story better. Above is a picture of my teacher in a perfect Pasasana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jilly, sounds as though you are renewing the spirit and reaching for the stars with your practice. I am proud of you and your committment. I love and miss you, stay safe and healthy. Love and Hugs, Judy aka mom