Friday, October 09, 2009

I get it!

Practice is hard. Well not exactly the practice itself, but finding the time to practice is just..hard. I used to think it was difficult to find the time as a full time yoga teacher. Consider this blast an apology to all the full time practitioners out there. You know who you are! The students that roll into a 5:45pm yoga class in their pantyhose and practice.

I have been straddling the line of yoga teacher/Museum employee for about four weeks now, and my practice is struggling. After I write this post I will practice for only the third time this week. I need to get back on a 5 times a week schedule. I need to develop a plan. I think I need to get up earlier because after 8 hours of standing in a cute outfit I can't hit the mat especially on my own.

The good news is that I'll be in Philly for some great practice hours next month and I found a flight to India for less than $1100! I just need to finalize some details and get back to the business of practicing.

I am also giving a workshop that my friend Vanessa Mock has set up. Here is what she has said about it:

Hello All,
I am so excited to announce that the lovely Jill Manning will be presenting a "Twists & Binds" workshop on Monday, November 9th from 6-9 pm right here at The Aquatic & Fitness Center. For those of you who are acquainted with Jill, you know how incredible of a teacher she is. For those of you who are not, DO this workshop and you will not be sorry.

This three hour, ALL LEVELS, workshop will place sharp focus on asanas (postures) that twist and asanas that bind. Employing these qualities, you will understand how twisting postures can produce fluidity especially with a solid bind. You do not need to be able to easily twist into a pretzel to do this workshop. Jill has been teaching for over 10 years and has a vast knowledge of information to accommodate various populations, injuries and limitations.

Space is limited to only 20 participants. I am expecting that it will fill to max capacity within several weeks. To ensure a space either stop by to register or call with payment info. The cost is $45 and worth every penny.

Tell your friends, family and others who may be interested in this wonderful workshop.


OM, Shanti, OM. Love is life:)
Vanessa Mock
Group Fitness/Program Director
Aquatic & Fitness Center, Bala Cynwyd

No comments: