Monday, October 30, 2006

"Are you from a rich country?"




Well, I didn’t get to register for class yesterday because Mike and I made a 45 minute nap into a 3 hour nap. We woke early this morning, got breakfast and started out for downtown Mysore. We went to the big vegetable market/bazaar and really had a lovely time. It is visually overwhelming for me, but I think for Mike it is more so. We met some really nice and helpful people in the market, and it is strange when approached by strangers I think that they must want something from us, but that was not the case. Most just wanted to know where we were from, our names, and how we finding India. It is nice. I am posting some pictures today. The first one is of Mike and I in our room, another of the view from our room, and of Burrito one of the resident street dogs. I will begin to practice tomorrow and I can guarantee it won’t be pretty, but I am sure it will be inspiring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!
I'm glad you guys arrived safely, your room looks so sweet, and you both look HAPPY.....can't wait to hear about the shala...
xoxo

Anonymous said...

That dog looks hungry, give it some food. I hope you guys get fed better than that dog.

Aunt MJ